Sintra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1995, lies picturesquely amidst the thickly forested Sintra Hills just about 30 kilometers west of Portugal’s capital city, Lisbon. The town has so much to offer, qua history, architecture and nature. Come, visit and enjoy Sintra. We did!
1. Have a taste of a little bit of fairytale in the magical Palacio dela Pena
2. Unfold the mystery of Quinta Da Regaleira
3. Get lost in enchanting forest of Sintra Hills
4. Get down to the bottom of the 28-meter deep Initiation Well in Quinta da Regaleira
5. Feel the romance in Palacio de Monserrate
6. See the cute duck houses in Parque dela Pena
7. Get lost in the picturesque old town of Sintra
8. Stroll at the nicely-landscaped garden of Monserrate
9. Go to the westernmost point of European continent at Cabo da Roca
10. Feel the sand on your feet at Praia das Macas
11. Discover the history of Palacio Nacional da Sintra
12. Be mesmerized by the lake in Quinta da Regaleira
Just spent 4 days there in November. Quinta da Regaleira was my favourite, by far. I also opted to walk to Monserrate, and the surrounding park spaces are amazing. Solid post!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hello Colin…Sintra is really a jewel! Our fave is also Quinta DA Regaleira.. We love the air of mystery and mythology around it….anyway the palaces are all fascinating and each has its own charms….thanks for your comment 😉